Arksey Village, Doncaster
• New core facilities for village.
• Central village green.
• Existing public footpath connects new core to historic heart of Arksey, All Saint's
Church and the Plough Inn public house.
• New road connection through site to avoid difficult junction in village.
• Minimal road layout pattern with the emphasis on pedestrian routes and movement.
• Connection to existing infrastructure, public transport, services, school.
• Community facilities designed in a cluster around the village green.
• Retail units along main pedestrian and vehicular route for maximum exposure.
• Buildings designed with a contemporary feel which responds to context, creating an
attractive environment with a strong local identity.
• Buildings designed to reflect the surrounding urban grain in height and footprint.
• High quality design and materials.
• Mix of tenures.
• Views and glimpses of church between buildings and along streets maintained.
• Development to embrace sustainable design and construction practice.