Pointing Dog Clubhouse, Sheffield
Client: Pointing Dog Group
Project: Pointing Dog Clubhouse
Location: Ecclesall Road, Sheffield
Pointing Dog Clubhouse is the third addition to the Pointing Dog brand and is very much the flagship venue.
The Group invested £1.5 Million to convert and extend the former landmark building on Ecclesall Road in Sheffield, previously the Polish ex-servicemen’s club. The building had been used as a club since 1953 with a licensed bar, restaurant and entertainment etc.
The proposals included the demolition and rebuilding of a single storey extension to the rear of the property, new single storey extension to the east of the existing building, alterations to existing elevations and the creation of a new pedestrian access from Ecclesall Road.
The restoration has been incredibly sympathetic to the building and the location, celebrating the idea of a ‘Clubhouse’ to meet and socialise.
The New York tavern bar serves exquisite cocktails, fine wines and local ales. A bespoke lighting pendant made from shells of redundant kegs is the main feature, running the length of the full-length bar. Adjoining the bar area, a relaxing lounge area with painted timber panelling and comfortable seating runs into the new large extension where old cinema lighting has been reworked and sits high up in the pitched roof.
The outside terraces offer a fantastic sun trap in the summer, and there is a floor of the Club for private dining and functions.